Frank is Chairman of Wyre Tidal Energy. He is an experienced entrepreneurial business leader and strategic thinker who has both instigated and developed several successful businesses that have led to significant job creation and economic contribution.
He is best known locally for being a family Director of the successful Healds Day & Nite stores, which was sold in 2000, with many of the Healds stores now trading as Tesco Express. Healds were founded as a grocery business in Fleetwood by Frank’s grandparents in the 1920s before Frank took over as MD and successfully expanded the business across the North of England, taking the chain to 100 stores and over 1500 employees.
Frank was educated locally at Blakiston Street, Baines Endowed and Rossall and obtained a B.Sc. Hons. Degree at Manchester University before joining the family business in North Albert Street, Fleetwood in 1969.
Frank has always been very keen to explore how technology can improve everyday business operations and following the development of the sophisticated voice-controlled warehouse systems operated by Day & Nite stores, Frank then established VoiteQ Ltd in 2001 specialising in supply chain software with a strong emphasis on voice recognition for the warehouse. VoiteQ is now the leading supplier in this sector with 5 offices in Europe and the USA, supplying well known retailers, manufacturers and distributors and employing 120 staff. The UK office is in Blackpool. (www.voiteq.com).
During Frank’s working life he has been involved in various successful businesses and local activities including:-
- Director Warwick Bepos Ltd
- Director Nisa-Today’s Ltd
- Managing Director Healds Day and Nite Ltd
- Chairman VoiteQ Ltd
- Chairman Cirrus Logistics Ltd
- Chairman CentriQ Group
- Chairman Fleetwood Round Table
- Secretary Fleetwood Cricket and Sports Club
- Treasurer Fleetwood Cricket and Sports Club
- Chairman/Founding Trustee Russell Haldane Trust
Frank cares deeply about the local community; following the sale of the family business in 2000 Frank established, and wholly funded, the Russell Haldane Trust. This registered charity strives to support the underprivileged and less fortunate in the north Fylde community and in the past 10 years has paid out in excess of £300,000 to deserving causes.
David was born in Fleetwood, the son of a local pharmacist (Albert Wilde) and has lived in Fleetwood for most of his life. He was educated at Flakefleet Junior School, Bailey School, Wigan and Salford Technical Colleges where he qualified as a Chartered Surveyor. A number of years later David completed a post graduate course at the University of Leeds where he gained an MSc in Civil Engineering.
Laterly David was the Group Operations Director of the Driver Group plc and provided Expert Witness services and Construction Disputes Resolution Services through the Driver Group plc. In addition to being a Chartered Surveyor and Civil Engineer, David is also a qualified Adjudicator and Mediator.
During his working life David has been involved in various businesses and local activities including:-
- Director Albert Wilde Limited
- Director Roger Eaves Building Limited
- Director BWS International Construction Consultants
- Director Driver Consult Limited
- Managing Director Adjudication Tool Kit Limited
- Managing Director St Crispin Properties Limited
- Group Operations Director Driver Group plc.
- President Fleetwood Round Table
- Vice Chairman of Governors of Fleetwood High School
- Committee Member Blackpool and Fleetwood Yacht Club
- President, North Fylde Rotary Club
- Chairman Lancashire Branch of the Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Chairman Lancashire Branch of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Although his work has taken him to Nigeria, USA and the Middle East, David has lived nearly all of his life in Fleetwood and has seen first hand the reduction in employment opportunities within the town over the last 50 years.
During Tim’s working life, he immersed himself in various commercial bodies and activities. The list is long and amongst the work in that time he was:
- Executive Chairman of the Fleetwood Regeneration Partnership
- Executive of the Engineering Employers Federation (North West)
- Director of the North West Lancashire Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Wyre Strategic Partnership Board
- Chairman of the Wyre Strategy Business Group
- Director of the Lancashire Partnership Against Crime
He also involved himself in a number of community committees and clubs throughout the area, holding positions as:
- Governor of Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Board member of Wyre YMCA
- Trustee of Russell Haldane Trust
- Vice Chair of Governors of Fleetwood High School
- Past President of Fleetwood Rotary Club
- President of Fleetwood Cricket Club
- Captain of Fleetwood Golf Club
- Treasurer of Fleetwood Cricket Club for 10 years
Tim’s passion for the town of Fleetwood, its business community, its traditions and, most of all, its people are the driving energy behind his involvement with WTE.
Tim Amor brings a familiar face to Wyre Tidal Energy, communicating with elected bodies, presenting to concerned and interested parties and connecting with funders.